'Ajitated'
Yo!
Have had a few sessions out on the water since my last post so I'm trying to remember the ins and outs as I post this.
My most interesting session was a couple of Sunday's back where I was just scratching around for species. It was going pretty averagely when I noticed a stream of bait appear, I am talking millions of tiny whitebait turning the water black. I'm not going to lie that I got a little bit excited at this stage, however after 5 mins or so of casting in, over and around the bait nothing had remotely happened. My heart began to break.
However, suddenly the tip of my rockfish ul was violently doubled over and I had a frantic run. Now my first thought was a mackerel which was fantastic as id never had one on the lrf set up, but it was it's close cousin in the Aji! Now if you've never caught one, I urge you too. They are great little torpedoes that tailwalk, dive deep and swim at you rapidly! I did eventually end up with my mackerel that I'd wanted for ages too!
Now, we all know that fishing can be frustrating, and seemingly this session was. I'd just loaded my daiwa megaforce up with some new 6lb braid, and the Aji turned up, this meant I'd stuck on a metal on and was lobbing it out a fair distance. My naivety got the best of me as I hadn't let the line bed in and I ended up with many wind knots that resulted in losing a lot of line. Annoying!
But overall a very fun session.
Fish landed;
Aji
Mackerel
Sand goby
Corkwing wrasse
Pout
I've got myself a little wish list over the next few months;
Sunline small game braid
Daiwa ninja 1500 reel
Time to get saving!
Check out photos of my adventures at portsmouthlrf on Instagram!
Comments
Post a Comment